KÌ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 TRUNG HỌC PHỔ THÔNG
Khoá ngày 21 tháng 06 năm 2010 tại TP.HCM
ĐỀ CHÍNH THỨC Moân thi : ANH VĂN
Thời gian: 60 phút (không tính thời gian giao đề)
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1.- “I suggest we go on a picnic on the other side of the river.”
A. It’s a nice day! B. Have a good trip. C. Great idea! D. Congratulations!
2. Let’s get a__________ to make sure there are no cracks in the pipes.
A. locksmith B. electrician C. plumber D. carpenter
3. Ho Chi Minh City is the most interesting city in Vietnam; __________, it’s not the capital of the nation.
A. so B. however C. moreover D. therefore
4. Our class__________into four groups when we have English lessons.
A. usually divides B. is usually divided C. is dividing usually D. be divided usually
5. If the rice paddies are polluted, rice plants__________.
A. will die B. would die C. won’t die D. wouldn’t die
6. Tornadoes can suck up anything__________ is in their path.
A. what B. who C. that D. where
7. - “I wish I could visit your village again some day, Ba.”
A. Too true! B. You’re always welcome! C. Yes, let’s! D. What a day!
8. Nowadays, viewers can watch a variety of local and international programs__________TV.
A. in B. on C. to D. of
9. Tet is a festival which occurs__________ late January or early February.
A. at B. from C. on D. in
10. Scientists can usually__________ when a volcano will erupt.
A. guess B. estimate C. report D. predict
II. Choose the underlinde word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (0,5 pt)
11. Our form teacher is a nice person who often gives us a lot of useful advices.
A B C D
12. They told us that they enjoyed to listen to Pop music in their free time.
A B C D
III. Choose the word / phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in the following passage. (1,5 pts)
The Internet has become part of our everyday life. Do you find the Internet useful? What do you use the Internet for? How much time do you spend surfing the web a day? Please (13) __________ to these questions.
XUAN: To my mind, the Internet is a very fast and cheap way for me to get information. I can also communicate with my friends by (14) __________ of e-mail or chatting. However, I don’t use the Internet quite often (15) __________ I don’t have much time. For me, the Internet is a wonderful invention of modern life. It makes our world a small place.
MANH: Everybody can (16) __________ from the use of the Internet in life. However, it is a pity for both me and most of my friends in the country. We cannot easily get access (17) __________ the Internet out here. I sometimes pay a visit to my uncle in the city at weekends, and this is a good (18) __________ for me to explore the net. I spend most of the time wandering because I just don’t know which website is useful for me.
13. A. answer B. ask C. reply D. write
14. A. means B. way C. method D. technique
15. A. so B. although C. if D. because
16. A. get B. benefit C. enjoy D. take
17. A. to B. from C. of D. for
18. A. case B. opportunity C. action D. festival
IV. Read the passage, then decide if the statements that follow it are True or False. (1.0 pt)
I am writing to introduce to you a language school where you can improve your English. Instead of learning on your own, as you are doing now, you should learn to speak English with others. The Academy of Language offers you a good and friendly environment to practice your English. They also have well-qualified teachers. There are classes at different levels in the afternoon and evening, and courses begin in the first week this November. If you are interested, you can phone 38765432 for further information.
Best of luck!
19. Minh is now learning English with a tutor.
20. The teachers at the Academy of Language are young and inexperienced.
21. Learners can take courses in the morning.
22. People who want to attend classes there can phone the school to get information.
Thí sinh viết đầy đủ từ True hoặc False vào ô trả lời:
Phần trả lời: 19. F 20. F 21. F 22. T
V. Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence (1.5 pt)
23. We take _______ in being students of one of the most famous schools in this city. (proud)
24. What is the ______ between the ao dai nowadays and the one 100 years ago? (different)
25. The government has plans to _______ this city. (modern)
26. Those boys are _______ to talk to. (interest)
27. The earthquake in Kobe in 1995 caused _______ damage. (disaster)
28. _______, people eat sticky rice cakes at Tet. (tradition)
Phần trả lời 23. pride 24. difference 25. modernize
26. interesting 27. disastrous 28. Traditionally
VI. Use the correct tense or form of the verb given in each sentence. (1.0pt)
29. Would you mind showing me how to send (send) an email?
30. The villagers had moved (move) away by the time a huge tidal wave hit the village.
31. These children have played (play) badminton for four years now. (or have been playing)
32. He said he would visit (visit) his grandmother the following day. (or was visiting)
VII. Rewrite each of the following sentences in another way so that it means almost the same as the sentence printed before it. (2.0 pts)
33. Try to recycle things and we will save natural resources.
Þ If we recycle things, we will save natural resources. (or try to recycle things, we will save natural resources)
34. Peter is the tallest boy in his class.
Þ No one in Peter’s class is as tall as him. (or in Peter’s class is so tall as him); (or in Peter’s class is taller than him)
35. Do they have to look after the school garden every Saturday?
Þ Do they have to take care of the school garden every Saturday.
36. It is raining hard, but they still want to go to school.
Þ They still want to go to school although it is raining hard. (or to go to school even though it is raining hard); (or to go to school though it is raining hard).
Nguyễn Tiến Dũng
(Trường THPT Marie Curie – TP.HCM)